According to Gartner, Inc. “The enterprise search market is on the cusp of a new stage of appeal and business utilization. Smart computing capabilities, analytic technologies, and a plethora of new information and content are disrupting the status quo and driving expansion into multiple innovative methods of adoption.”
Belgian-based Knowliah, formerly known as ICMS Group, is pleased to be recognized by Gartner as a vendor to watch amongst other providers in the division of Content Analytics and Text Mining within the enterprise search market.
Knowledge and information needs
With yearly doubling volumes of information and communication, how will your knowledge workers stay informed and knowledgeable, and become aware?
As Hans Van Heghe, Managing Director of Knowliah states:
“Searching for information is not enough. Knowledge workers want to find and be able to consume information and knowledge. The way in which people consume information is changing. Sharing is not what is most important. It is about re-use, finding patterns and becoming aware. This has become the only way to maximize the valorisation of your information and know-how assets.”
Yves Lefere, Director Sales & Marketing, continues:
“The competitive battle between organisations will be fought in the field of information, communication and knowledge. To stay ahead of the competition and anticipate maximum business results, you need a different set of capabilities and tools to be able to leverage your information assets. With yearly doubling volumes of information and communication, how will your knowledge workers stay informed and knowledgeable, and become aware?”
A new generation of Enterprise Search
In its Market Trends report, Gartner Analyst says:
“For enterprise search, the content access function is a fairly common task. Even though the search application is now a ‘birth-right technology’, the enterprise search market is expanding and growing driven by multiple factors such as advanced and extended capabilities that, combined with improved content semantics and content analytics, are improving result relevancy and use.”
“Because of increasing line-of-business requirements, enterprise search solutions need to provide content in the context of work tasks, certify and comply with industry regulations, and correspondingly, manage extensive amounts of content.”
Knowliah’s correct prediction
Back in 2004, Belgian-based Knowliah, formerly known as ICMS Group, started with Research & Development initiatives aiming for this new type of next-generation Enterprise Search. Integrated information intelligence and automated expertise/people profiling, together with new user experiences, increase enormously the value of business information, communication and know-how.
With its new Knowliah Access & Analytics System, Knowliah provides a unique combination of technology and features for today’s and tomorrow’s knowledge workers:
- Provide meaningful results with integrated contextual auto-classification
- Provide access to the best placed colleagues to offer assistance
- Get insights and understanding across the organisation with patented Virtual Dynamic Folders and integrated e-discovery
- Associative linking of all information and communication assembles the long awaited ONE Single View from ERP, CRM, BPM, or other in-house systems
- Stay informed and knowledgeable with cognitive agents matching context with responsibilities, expertise and interests.
“Vendor to watch” recognition
Knowliah is pleased to be recognized by Gartner as one of the 24 mentioned “Vendors to watch” in the category Analytics – Content Analytics, Media Content, Text Mining.
Gartner itself describes this category as follows: “These vendors provide specialist offerings and tools that extract dimensions of meaning from targeted content. Examples include fact and entity extraction, sentiment analysis, categorization and clustering.”
Usage of the solution
Thanks to its built-in intelligence, openness and modular architecture, Knowliah Access & Analytics System is best suited for a variety of areas and applications:
- One Single View: in one click, one single complete and cross-organisational view for a customer, a project, in case of a litigation, etc.
- Intelligent Enterprise Search: intelligent system as an umbrella above all sources, with open connectors for ERP, CRM, BPM, DMS, eCM, paper, file servers, e-mail servers, websites, etc.
- Crucial Knowledge Capture: a platform for knowledge capture, sharing and re-use that links questions, available information and experts in an optimal way to find answers and achieve knowledge creation and capture. A continuous follow-up and analysis of content allows for a targeted notification of new and modified information to the relevant people.
- E-discovery for Big Data: Knowliah Automatic Information Intelligence provides the elements to contextualize Big Data and remove ‘standard’ content. As such, one can focus on the more relevant contextual exceptions. Information Intelligence is a technique used to enrich unstructured information with the organisational context. As such, the unstructured (textual) information becomes structured on the organisation’s contextual level.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. They deliver the technology-related insight necessary for their clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, Gartner is the valuable partner to clients in over 13,000 distinct organisations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, they work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA., and has 5,800 associates, including 1,450 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 85 countries.
About Knowliah nv/sa
With our profound experience, technology, custom roadmaps and guidance, and our methods, we help you to turn the chaos and complexity of unstructured information into an asset and become a digitally adept enterprise. This way, you will gain a strong competitive advantage and be able to seize more opportunities, while reducing content and data complexity and cost, and protecting yourself against risks.
Knowliah (formerly known as ICMS Group – Information Creation and Management Solutions Group) is a privately owned company with international presence, founded in 1999 by Hans Van Heghe. Over the past 15 years, our main focus has been to deliver to the knowledge worker a unique and simple end-user experience within the domains of digital archiving, document management, enterprise content management, enterprise search, text & content analytics, and knowledge centric management.
Research and development was done in close collaboration with renowned academic institutions, such as the KUL (Catholic University of Leuven).
Tel: +32 15 61 85 45
If you would like an interview with Hans Van Heghe, Managing Director of Knowliah, please contact Jenny Spoelders (email@example.com - +32 15 61 85 45)
 Gartner, Inc., Market Trends: Smart Computing and Analytics, Rejuvenate the Enterprise Search Market, 2014-2017, Tom Eid, February 6, 2014