Find out what Legal Tech is
Legal teams and Law Firms are nowadays more and more confronted with an increasingly digitizing business world. The digital transformation changes the way legal advice is delivered. Legal Counsels faces the major challenges to organize a complete digital transition in a very short time frame. Lawyers are looking for tools to manage the ever-increasing mass of digital information and to use it efficiently.
Fortunately, there are more and more Legal Tech solutions emerging which are a useful support to the digitalizing legal services landscape. Keep on reading to find out what Legal Tech is and how it can be an added value to your business.
Legal Technology, from now on Legal Tech, is software and technology which is used by law firms or legal teams to facilitate their processes and improve their effectiveness. Legal Tech can be called as ‘the driver of the legal industry’ to succeed the process of digital transformation. The aim of Legal Tech is to simplify operations, optimize current workflows and improve the overall management of knowledge and information that exists in law firms or enterprises.
- Document automation and storage - document management
- Electronic discovery/ E-discovery
- Legal research
- Practice management
- Case management
- Cloud-based databases, to make data accessible for other employees across departments
- Data security, to ensure the security of legal records
- Guaranteed GDPR compliant way of working (read more about GDPR here)
- Digitalisation & automation of legal workflows
- Offering platforms that facilitate contract management
- E-Signing tools
- Legal chatbots (Messenger, Chatbox, etc.),to offer users quick answers to basic legal inquiries